Entrance: Adults: €8, Kids: €2
The Mon Repos ranch covers an area of 258 hectares and thus the largest part of the Analipsi hill and is 3km away from the city of Corfu.
The English Commissioner Frederick Adams built it for his Corfiot wife Nina Palatianou. In 1864 and after the Ionian Islands were united with Greece, the municipality of Corfu gave the palace to the Dynasty of George the first.
For a long time the palace accommodated the Empress of Austria-Hungary, Elisabeth, the legendary princess Sissy, before she built her palace in Achillion. The Duke of Edinburgh and husband of the Queen of England was born in Mon Repos. The royal family had sole possession of the ranch and the palace until 1967.
It is a colonial style palace with strong Greek and neoclassical features. The temple of Apollo and Akraia Hera (She of the Heights) are preserved in the beautiful ranch.
The archaeological site of Palaiopolis is located next to Mon Repos. Palaiopolis was the ancient agora of Corfu. The most important monuments are the agora, the Dorian Temple of Kardakio, the roman baths and the arched building from Pre-Hellenistic times. Today the Museum of Palaiopolis is housed in the palace.